High winds and dry conditions where the perfect storm for creating fires. They continue to burn throughout Texas, and one thing Texans are known for is answering the call on “How can I help?”
Here is a list of items & places you can go to help:
Erath County has set up donation drop-offs at the following locations:
- Rear parking lot of the sheriff’s office at 1043 Glen Rose Rd, Stephenville, TX 76401. Contact the sheriff’s office at 254-965-3338 or 254-965-3318. The department says someone will meet you and help you unload any items.
- Walker Insurance Agency – Farmers Insurance at 155 N. Graham #102, Stephenville – 254-918-2020
- Dublin Chamber of Commerce is accepting at the Old School Gym located in the 400 block of North Post Oak, Dublin.
The following items are being requested for Eastland:
- White T-shirts
- Baby wipes
The Myrtle-Wilks community center in Cisco is currently serving as a donation hub of sorts, and they are in need of the following items immediately:
- First Aid Items
- Hygiene Essentials
- Fruits & Veggies
- Toilet Paper
Just drop off donations at the center, located at 1498 I-20 Frontage.
Those who want to help or need help can also go to the First Baptist Church in Eastland at 405 S. Seaman St., Eastland, TX 76448. The church will be taking and distributing personal hygiene items, toiletries, non-perishable food, packages of underwear and socks and jackets.
Families that need help can go to the following locations for assistance:
- Daugherty Street Church of Christ – 309 S Daugherty Ave, Eastland, TX 76448
- First United Methodist Church – 215 S Mulberry St, Eastland, TX 76448
- River of Life Church – 1247 E Main St, Eastland, TX 76448
- The Quarter Store in Ranger – 718 Pine St, Ranger, TX 76470
For Livestock –
The Texas A&M Agrilife Extension says there is an urgent need for feed, hay and fencing supplies in areas affected by the Eastland Complex fire.
According to the service, there is a local drop-off location at Gorman Milling Co. Inc in Gorman, Texas, 76454. There’s a contact phone number at 254-485-9193.